Serves : 4 servings
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cook in : 30–35 minutes
- 1 large carrot, peeled, ends trimmed and halved widthways
- 125 g (4 oz) butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 4 tablespoons stem ginger syrup, plus extra to serve
- 125 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 125 g (4 oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 pieces stem ginger, finely chopped
- custard or cream, to serve
Preparation Method :
1) Using a spiralizer fitted with a 3 mm (⅛ inch) spaghetti blade, spiralize the carrot. You should end up with about 150 g (5 oz) spiralized carrot. Roughly snip any long spirals into shorter lengths with scissors.
2) Grease 4 x 150 ml (¼ pint) metal pudding tins, then spoon 1 tablespoon ginger syrup into the bottom of each.
3) In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs. Gently fold in the flour, milk, stem ginger and spiralized carrot.
4) Divide the mixture between the prepared tins, then cover each tin tightly with foil and put into a roasting tin. Pour enough boiling water into the tin to come 2 cm (¾ inch) up the sides of the tins. Bake in a preheated oven, 180ºC (350ºF), Gas Mark 4, for 30–35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
5) Leave the puddings to cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the inside of the tins to loosen. Turn out on to plates and drizzle over extra ginger syrup. Serve immediately with custard or cream.
To report any content that infringes your copyright, please (contact us) .