Preparation time : 15 minutes
Total Time : 15 minutes
- 2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups long-grain parboiled rice (such as Uncle Ben’s)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 cup prechopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- ¼ cup sliced pitted reduced-salt stuffed manzanilla (or green) olives
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
Preparation Method :
1) Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
2) While rice cooks, heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
3) Stir in peas, olives, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add rice mixture; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Serves 4 (serving size: 1½ cups)
To report any content that infringes your copyright, please (contact us) .