Serves : 4 servings
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cook : 20 minutes
- ½ butternut squash (the non-bulbous end), about 500 g (1 lb), peeled and halved widthways
- 1 courgette, ends trimmed and halved widthways
- 2 teaspoons groundnut or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free Thai green curry paste
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 x 400 ml (14 fl oz) can coconut milk
- 1 lemon grass stalk, tough outer layers removed and roughly chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free fish sauce
- handful of Thai basil or coriander leaves
Preparation Method :
1) Using a spiralizer fitted with a 6 mm (¼ inch) flat noodle blade, spiralize the butternut squash and courgette, keeping them separate.
2) Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the Thai green curry paste and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in the chicken and cook for 2–3 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the coconut milk, lemon grass, lime leaves and fish sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 8 minutes, until the sauce has reduced slightly.
3) Stir in the spiralized squash, cover and simmer for 3 minutes, then stir in the spiralized courgette. Cover and simmer for a further 2–3 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the basil or coriander and serve immediately.
To report any content that infringes your copyright, please (contact us) .