Serves : 16 servings
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Start to Finish : 4 Hours
- 1 box (16.25 oz) white cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 medium)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- ½ cup canned coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 container (12 oz) fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting
- Banana slices, if desired
- Toasted coconut (see note below), if desired
Preparation Method :
1) Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
2) In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and mashed bananas with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter into pan.
3) Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
4) With long-tined fork, pierce top of cake every ½ inch, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking. In large bowl, stir together condensed milk, coconut milk and whipping cream. Carefully pour milk mixture evenly over top of cake. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight until mixture is absorbed into cake.
5) Frost cake with frosting. Garnish individual servings with banana slices and toasted coconut. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
To toast coconut, spread in ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered at 350°F 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
To report any content that infringes your copyright, please (contact us) .