Serves : 15 servings
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Start to Finish: 2 Hours
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 box (16.25 oz) white cake mix with pudding in the mix
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 egg whites
- 2 jars (10 oz each) maraschino cherries, well drained, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 container (16 oz) cherry creamy ready-to-spread frosting
Preparation Method :
1) Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Generously grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan and lightly flour, or spray with baking spray with flour.
2) In small bowl, coat chocolate chips in 1 tablespoon cake mix; set aside. In large bowl, beat remaining cake mix, the water, sour cream, oil, almond extract and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
3) Drain chopped cherries on paper towels; pat dry. Stir cherries and reserved chocolate chips into batter. Pour batter into pan.
4) Bake 31 to 37 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour. Frost cake with cherry frosting. Store loosely covered.
To report any content that infringes your copyright, please (contact us) .