Serves : 4 servings
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cook :10 minutes
- ½ large coquina or butternut squash (the non-bulbous end), peeled and cut in half widthways
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
For the pesto
- 75 g (3 oz) rocket leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 g (2 oz) walnut halves
- 4 tablespoons grated vegetarian pasta cheese or Parmesan cheese
- juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preparation Method :
1) First, make the pesto. Place the rocket, garlic, walnuts, vegetarian pasta cheese or Parmesan and lemon juice in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped – you may need to scrape the mixture down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula from time to time. With the motor still running, gradually add the oil through the funnel until combined.
2) Using a spiralizer fitted with a 3 mm (⅛ inch) spaghetti blade, spiralize the squash. You should end up with about 500 g (1 lb) spiralized squash.
3) Heat the olive oil in a large wok or frying pan, add the spiralized squash and stir-fry for about 5–7 minutes, until softened but not broken up. Stir in the pesto until the squash spaghetti is well coated. Sprinkle with pepper, garnish with a few rocket leaves and serve immediately.
To report any content that infringes your copyright, please (contact us) .