HANDS-ON TIME: 15 min
TOTAL TIME: 15 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pepper stir-fry with onion
- 1 (15¼-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- ⅓ cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted dry-roasted chopped cashews
Preparation Method :
1) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic, ginger, red pepper, and chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken mixture from pan; set aside.
2) Add pepper stir-fry to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain pineapple, reserving ½ cup juice. Add 1 cup pineapple chunks to pan; cook 30 seconds. Reserve remaining pineapple for another use. Combine reserved ½ cup juice, soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, and sugar in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
3) Return chicken mixture to pan. Stir in juice mixture; bring to boil. Cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with cashews. Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup)
- You can use 2 cups chopped onion, celery, and green bell pepper in place of the frozen stir-fry vegetables.