Serves : 2 servings
Preparation time : 20 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium leek, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar), roughly chopped
- 100g pack baby spinach
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 125g pack soft goats’ cheese, sliced
- green salad
Preparation Method :
1) Preheat the grill.
2) Beat the eggs, nutmeg and water together and season with salt and pepper.
3) Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the leeks and onions. Fry until the leeks just begin to soften.
4) Add the peppers and spinach and fry until the spinach begins to wilt.
5) Add the egg mixture. Fry until the egg begins to set and then gently move the set egg, so that the unset egg can reach the bottom of the pan.
6) When most of the egg is set, take off the heat and add the tomatoes and goats’ cheese. Place under the grill until the frittata begins to brown and rises a little.
7) Serve with salad.