Serves : 16 servings
- 100g hazelnuts, roasted
- 100g walnuts
- 3 tbsp raw cacao or cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp chopped hazelnuts, to coat
Preparation Method :
1) Set aside roughly sixteen roasted hazelnuts for the centres of the truffles. Add the rest of the hazelnuts and walnuts into a food processor and blend until chopped into small pieces. Add the cacao and sea salt and blend again. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and blend until the ingredients start to stick together. Every so often you might have to scrape down the sides of your processor.
2) Shape the mixture into 16 small balls and pop a hazelnut in the centre of each one. Roll the balls in chopped hazelnuts to cover and place in the freezer for 20–30 minutes to harden. Store in the fridge.