Serves : 4 servings
Preparation time : 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150g pancetta lardons
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 400g tin butter beans
- 3 mugs/900ml water
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 chicken stock pot
- 1⁄2 mug/100g macaroni
- 100g fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 mug freshly grated Parmesan
Preparation Method :
1) Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the pancetta, onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2) Add the beans, water, tomato purée, stock and macaroni. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
3) Add the spinach (you don’t need to cook as it will wilt immediately in the soup).
4) Serve with the grated Parmesan over the top.
To report any content that infringes your copyright, please (contact us) .