Serves : 4 servings
Preparation time : 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150g pancetta lardons
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 400g tin butter beans
- 3 mugs/900ml water
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 chicken stock pot
- 1⁄2 mug/100g macaroni
- 100g fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 mug freshly grated Parmesan
Preparation Method :
1) Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the pancetta, onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2) Add the beans, water, tomato purée, stock and macaroni. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
3) Add the spinach (you don’t need to cook as it will wilt immediately in the soup).
4) Serve with the grated Parmesan over the top.