Serves : 4 servings
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cook: 55 minutes
- 4 large courgettes, ends trimmed and halved widthways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, ends trimmed
- 1 carrot, peeled, ends trimmed and halved widthways
- 500 g (1 lb) lean minced beef
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100 ml (3½ fl oz) red wine
- 1 x 400 g (13 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 350 g (11½ oz) ricotta cheese
- 75 g (3 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 250 g (8 oz) mozzarella cheese, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation Method :
1) Line 2 large baking sheets with nonstick baking paper.
2) Using a spiralizer fitted with a ribbon blade, spiralize the courgettes. Place the spiralized courgettes in a large bowl, add the oil and a little salt and toss to coat in the oil and seasoning.
3) Spread out the courgettes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and bake in a preheated oven, 180°C (350ºF), Gas Mark 4, for 20 minutes, turning the courgettes and swapping over the baking sheets in the oven halfway through the cooking time. Remove from the oven and pat dry with kitchen paper. Set aside.
4) Meanwhile, spiralize the onion and carrot using the 3 mm (⅛ inch) spaghetti blade, keeping them separate.
5) Place the beef, spiralized onion and garlic in a large saucepan and dry-fry over a medium heat for 3–4 minutes, until the mince is browned. Add the spiralized carrot and pour over the wine. Simmer for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes, tomato purée and herbs and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and is thick.
6) In a bowl, beat together the ricotta with 50 g (2 oz) of the Parmesan.
7) To assemble the lasage, place half the beef sauce in the bottom of a 1.2 litre (2 pint) ovenproof dish, add half the courgettes, cover with the mozzarella and then top with the remaining beef and courgettes. Spread the ricotta mixture over the top, then sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan.
8) Bake in the oven for 30–35 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
To report any content that infringes your copyright, please (contact us) .