Serves : 8 servings
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 5-6 tbsp dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 5 tbsp buttermilk
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apple slices (dried apples; coarsely chopped)
- frozen whipped topping (will be thawed; optional ingredient)
Preparation Method :
1) After greasing (use cooking spray) the slow cooker (5-quart), arrange the parchment paper inside by dividing it in 2 strips (30-inch long each) and placing them in a cross pattern in the bottom and up side of slow cooker. The bottom will be lined with this type of paper, too. Also make sure you grease the paper, as well.
2) The following ingredients will be whisked in a bowl: cinnamon, flour, baking powder, brown sugar, baking soda nutmeg, cloves and salt.
3) Mix the following ingredients in a different bowl: buttermilk, vanilla, applesauce, melted butter and egg. Add this new mixture over the above mentioned flour mixture. Stir until the newly obtained mixture is smooth. Add dried apples, as well and continue to stir. The batter will be transferred in the slow cooker.
4) After covering the slow cooker, set the heat on High and cook for 60-90 minutes. Stop the cooking process when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5) The cake should be cut into wedges and served with whipped topping while it’s still warm.