Serves : 4 servings
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cook : 35 minutes
- 3 courgettes (ideally yellow courgettes), ends trimmed and halved widthways
- 1 large onion, ends trimmed
- 1 large carrot, peeled, ends trimmed and halved widthways
- 450 g (14½ oz) lean minced turkey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250 g (8 oz) closed cup or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 150 ml (¼ pint) red wine or gluten-free beef stock
- 1 x 400 g (13 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
Preparation Method :
1) Using a spiralizer fitted with a 3 mm (⅛ inch) spaghetti blade, spiralize the courgettes and onion, keeping them separate. Change to a ribbon blade and spiralize the carrot. Roughly snip any really long ribbons in half with scissors.
2) Place the mince, spiralized onion and garlic in a large nonstick saucepan and dry-fry over a high heat for 3–4 minutes, until lightly browned. Stir in the spiralized carrot, mushrooms and paprika and cook for 2–3 minutes. Stir in the red wine or stock and cook for 2–3 minutes, until the liquid has reduced, then stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée and mixed herbs. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
3) Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the spiralized courgettes and cook, uncovered, for 2–3 minutes or until the courgettes are al dente. Serve sprinkled with a little Parmesan.