Serves : 4 servings
Preparation time : 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 potato, cut into chunks
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 mugs boiling water + 2 veg stock cubes
- 2 teaspoons Marmite
- 100g chopped fresh spinach
Preparation Method :
1) Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and garlic until the onion begins to soften.
2) Add the potato, carrot and tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes.
3) Add the water, stock cubes and Marmite and bring to the boil. Season well with salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes. Blitz the soup with a hand-held blender.
4) Add the spinach, stir through and serve.