Preparation time : 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 18 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup prechopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- ¾ pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Preparation Method :
1) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
2) Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned. Add wine, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
3) Stir in rice and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese and parsley. Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup)
To report any content that infringes your copyright, please (contact us) .