Serves : 4 servings
Preparation time : 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 ready-roasted peppers, sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, or 6 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 20 green olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- bag salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
Preparation Method :
1) Mix together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Add the salad ingredients and toss together. Divide between the four plates.
3) Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the bread and fry, on each side, until browned. Cut into croutons, sprinkle over the salad and serve.