Serves : 24 servings
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Start to Finish: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
- 1 box (15.25 oz) lemon cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup shortening
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Preparation Method :
1) Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with baking spray with flour.
2) In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter into pan.
3) Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
4) In medium bowl, beat frosting ingredients with electric mixer on high speed until smooth and creamy (add more lemon juice if needed). Frost cake. Store loosely covered.
To report any content that infringes your copyright, please (contact us) .