Serves : 8 servings
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour
- 4 apples (medium size; sliced)
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 tbsp light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1 x 15 ounces supermoist cake mix (yellow)
- 8 tbsp melted butter
- Whipped cream, as desired
Preparation Method :
1) The slow cooker will be greased.
2) The following ingredients will be added to the slow cooker: cranberries, apples, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon (1 tsp). Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
3) The dry cake mix will be mixed with remaining 1 tsp cinnamon in a different bowl. Spread this mixture over the fruits and drizzle with melted butter.
4) After covering the slow cooker, set the heat on High and cook for about 3 hours. Make sure the fruits are bubbling at edges before ending the cooking process.
5) Serve with whipped cream.
- If the cranberries are frozen, do not thaw them.