Preparation time : 35 minutes
- ½ cup instant rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¾ cup prechopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup prechopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup presliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons sliced green onions
Preparation Method :
1) Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2) While rice cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add ¾ cup onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
3) Add bell pepper and remaining ingredients, except green onions. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve over rice, and sprinkle with green onions. Serves 2 (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1 cup bell pepper mixture, and ½ cup rice)